We have previously reported on the shooting, allegedly by the-17-year-old Quadir Humphrey, which struck a 16-year-old victim in the head. We also noted:
(I)F the reports I’ve seen on Twitter are correct, the victim has a “non-survivable brain injury” and is “now brain dead,” so the charges will surely be upgraded to murder.
More information has now been made public:
The 16-year-old shot at SEPTA station will not survive, mom says
Quadir Humphrey, 18, and Zaire Wilson, 16, will likely be charged with murder.
by Ellie Rushing | Tuesday, January 16, 2024 | 2:26 PM EST
The 16-year-old who was critically wounded in a shooting on the subway platform last week will not survive his injuries, his mother said Tuesday.
Tyshaun Welles, a sophomore at Frankford High School, has been on life support since Thursday night, when he was shot in the head by a stray bullet after two teens opened fire at the City Hall SEPTA station, said his mother, Racquel Bango. Continue reading